Re: [cdt-dev] cannot push to CDT gerrit

Ok, I finally found my network proxy settings were missing. The https URL is working for me now (couldn’t get the ssh URL working, though).

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Corbat Thomas (tcorbat@xxxxxx)
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 8:45 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] cannot push to CDT gerrit

Hi

I think I had similar issues. For the solution was to use the following repository URL: ssh://<commiterId>@git.eclipse.org:29418/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git

Instead of https://git.eclipse.org/r/p/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git

I'm not sure about the distinction of those two repositories. As I am not a commiter and the first URL requires the commiterId I first tried the https URL. Which resulted in the problem you are encountering as well. When trying the first ssh URL putting my gerrit login name as <commiterId> it worked.

Hope this is correct and works for you as well.

Regards,

Thomas