Re: [cdt-dev] Removing "Connect" from the Debug view's toolbar

On 29/08/2012 12:16 PM, Cortell John-RAT042 wrote:
Mikhail, can you refresh my memory? What exactly is involved in a "Debug New Executable"? I.e., what's the specific use case? The wording is a bit confusing, IMO. "New executable" could be interpreted in any number of ways. E.g. if you create a project and build it, you've introduced a new executable. If you change the code and rebuild the project, one could argue the output is also a new executable. Yet, I don't think either applies here.

Once I know the use case, I'll see if I can recommend something I think is less confusing.

John

John,

I don't like it either but couldn't come up with something better.
It is possible to debug two or more processes with a single gdb session. There are two ways of adding a new process to gdb session. One is to attach to a running process ("Connect" command). The other is to load a binary into gdb using 'file' command and run it. The latter is now supported as a part of the "Connect" command. Our intention is to extract it into a new command.

Mikhail

Back to the top