[cdt-dev] PostBuild step executed before secondary outputs are built (gnu managedbuilder)

Is it by intention that the PostBuild-step is executed right after the target-tool has done its job rather than after the (optional) secondary output tool has completed when using the managed builder (/org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core/src/org/eclipse/cdt/managedbuilder/makegen/gnu/GnuMakefileGenerator.java)?

This behavior is a bit unfortunate for my use-case... I have:
    - an .elf file as primary output (the linker is the targeTool)
    - an .s file (motorla s-record file) as secondary output
in the PostBuild-step, I intend to work with the srec-file - but that fails, because it may not have been created or may be out-dated. Note that this PostBuild-step needs to be customizable by the users of our product (therefore, hard-coding that PostBuild-step is not an option)

If this behavior is intentional, then I wonder whether there's another way to support my use-case. Otherwise, we might file a bug report (although I think it may be critical to change that behavior, as it may affect existing products...)

Thanks,
Raphael

P.s. This is how the generated makefile looks like (just some snippets):

# Tool invocations
inos_testing.elf: $(OBJS) $(USER_OBJS)
    @echo 'Building target: $@'
    @echo 'Invoking: Indel GCC 4.5 C++ linker (PowerPC)'
powerpc-indel-eabi-g++ -nostartfiles -mcpu=603 -Wl,-Map,inos_testing.map -static -o "inos_testing.elf" "@makefile.rsp" $(USER_OBJS) $(LIBS)
    @echo 'Finished building target: $@'
    @echo ' '
    $(MAKE) --no-print-directory post-build

inos_testing.s: inos_testing.elf
    @echo 'Invoking: Indel GCC 4.5 Objcopy (PowerPC)'
    powerpc-indel-eabi-objcopy -Osrec inos_testing.elf "inos_testing.s"
    @echo 'Finished building: $@'
    @echo ' '

post-build:
    -myfunnyscript.py inos_testing.s