Re: [cdt-dev] proposal for side-stepping known test failures

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/cdt-nightly/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/ shows only two failures, both of which are intermittent. Which test failures are you referring to?

-sergey

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Cortell John-RAT042 <RAT042@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The CDT tests appear to have known failures--more than just a handful. This makes it very difficult to detect new failures caused by new changes.

I’d like to wrap known failures as follows:

                if (System.getProperty("cdt.skip.known.test.failures") == null) {

                                // the failing test

                }

This will allow me (and others) to get a clean test run before starting on a set of changes. I can then run the tests again after my changes and immediately find out if I’ve broken anything. Right now, I’d have to manually/visually filter out dozens of known failures from the results, which is very tedious, time consuming and error prone. This is much better than simply commenting out broken tests and putting a “TODO”, as it actually leaves the broken tests active in the codebase.

Objections?

John