[cdt-dev] OpenCL-support

Hi gurus,

The coming time I will be taking on OpenCL-support in Eclipse 3.7, starting with a CDT-based "code highlighting" and such. I will be very happy if you could provide me with tips, tricks and useful documentation. I tried several times (using different starting-points) to create the plugin in December/January, but because of lack of documentation and ungooglable errors I ended up hitting my keyboard with my forehead too many times.

Do you have an opinion if I would base it on one of the following projects?
http://www.ai3.uni-bayreuth.de/software/eclipsecudaqt/
http://ydl.net/eclipse_cuda_plugin/developer.shtml ( http://ydl.net/eclipse_cuda_plugin/files/cudaplugin-1.1.tar.gz )

Last time I tried the latter with Eclipse 3.6 (or 3.7?), but the grammar-compiler generated non-functional code (a case in a case) - even on an unedited plugin. I admit I was too lazy/hesitant to write hacks to cope with it - there must be a better way.

Hopefully you can help me when I hit the walls again. Know I love to write documentation, so I am willing to give the CDT-documentation an update while writing the plugin - and that is what I offer in return for your help.

Regards,
Vincent
(StreamComputing)

Back to the top