Re: [cdt-dev] MBS - How to get the list of linker inputs?

We’re integrating a new toolchain whose linker requires the use of a response file (command lines get too long).  We also need to be able to let the user control the link order of objects/libraries.  Both of these have open CDT bugs for them.  Since we need to figure out how to do it, hopefully we can do it in a generic way which can be contributed.

I’m not really sure where to get started though.  I’ve been looking for an API to get a list of inputs for a config/tool.  MBS is quite large and honestly not very easy to follow.  At some point something in the build model must know the list of object files and libraries that will be passed to the linker.  Am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Warren

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.

Indel AG
Raphael Zulliger - Software
Tuefiwis 26
CH-8332 Russikon
Switzerland

Tel.: +41 44 / 956 20 00
www.indel.ch

Visit Indel at SINDEX Bern 4. - 6. September 2012
http://www.indel.ch/en/news/144-sindex-2012

Back to the top