Re: [cdt-dev] Running Core Tests in Eclipse 4.2

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Sergey Prigogin <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 5:39 AM, Corbat Thomas (tcorbat@xxxxxx) <tcorbat@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I've got a question about running the core tests on Windows and Eclipse 4.2. I have the following setup:

- Windows 7 64bit

- Eclipse Juno 4.2 (RCP)

- CDT (Tag 8_1_0) checked out into my workspace

- JDK 1.6.0_24

When I try to run the AutomatedIntegrationSuite from org.eclipse.cdt.core.tests, the tests happen to throw errors (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space). I've tried to run those tests with 8GB RAM assigned to the JVM, without success. I can run the same tests (from the same workspace) in an Eclipse Classic 3.8 environment, getting a green bar. The problems I observe in 4.2 are not deterministic, they start arising after 30 to 200 executed tests.

Is there anything I have to consider in addition when I run those tests in Eclipse 4.2 on Windows?

Have tried increasing permgen space, e.g. -XX:MaxPermSize=128M?

I meant: Have you tried increasing permgen space, e.g. -XX:MaxPermSize=128M?

Regards

Thomas

-sergey