[cdt-dev] Design Question

I'm finally getting a chance to move an error handler down to GDB. Essentially, when GDB hits an error, the error handler will pop up a window and inform the user, instead of relying solely on the GDB Traces Console. However, I've got a design question. I definitely don't want do display 100 windows when data cannot be disassembled. Right now, I've got hacks in place that hold a list of errors to ignore and ignore an error if it matches the last error, but I KNOW they're hacks, and I don't want a hackey solution. So, do any of you have a suggestion how to handle those times when we get multiple similar errors get reported? I would like to show a single window for those, but then be able to show the window if the error recurs. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason

Back to the top