[cdt-dev] How to add IDebugTarget objects to GdbLaunch instance?

I need to add a "debug target" representing a script-interpreter to the debug view of a GdbLaunch. I'd like to have the interpreter target, threads and frames be shown below the root-node of the GdbLaunch because the interpreter runs on the same device as the C-threads.

I tried the straight forward approach by calling GdbLaunch.addDebugTarget(IDebugTarget target). Unfortunately, this didn't add anything visible to the debug view.

It seems that GdbLaunch uses a extended approach of presenting "debug targets" (as can be seen in LaunchVMProvider ctor). Furthermore, it seems like that "extended" approach is mutually exclusive with the "standard" approach. Unfortunately I was not yet able to figure out what exactly prevents "GdbLaunch" from its approach combined with the standard approach.

Could someone give me a hint how I could make IDebugTarget working with GdbLaunch? Do I really need to create "AbstractContainerVMNode", etc. for the interpreter information? (Note that using IDebugTarget & Co would be preferable because we're using emftext that generates class hierarchies based on IDebugElement)

Any help, advice, input would be highly appreciated!
Raphael Zulliger

Back to the top