[cdt-dev] Call a custom preprocessor and display its results in console

Hello,

I am making a plugin to support more preprocessor commands in C/C++. I made the Content Assist features to work as expected ( with the help of this mailing list ) and I made a Panel for some additional things. Now I'd like to have a button in my panel with the following functionality.

1) Get the text from the open and active editor
2) Call my custom preprocessor executable with some arguments given by a wizard or defaults at first
3) Display the results of the preprocessor at the Console Output or somewhere to be read by the user

My main problem is the 2-3 points. As for the 3rd one I think this will suffice:

http://www.jevon.org/wiki/Writing_to_a_Console_in_Eclipse

It's the 2nd part which I do not know how to do. Is there any easy way to do this or should I make my own Build System for CDT using my preprocessor ? If I have to, is there any tutorial or guide or even an example I can read ?

Thank you

--
Lambros Petrou

www.lambrospetrou.com