[cdt-dev] Language-dependant tool options

Is there a way to pass a tool option depending on language of the input?

I.e. I would like to pass "-x c++" when user compiles cpp files and
"-x c" when user compiles C files. The problem I am trying to solve is
that some users would like to override language bindings (i.e. pass
"-x c" for CPP files) from the CDT UI on the project level.

It looks like the only way to do this is to declare different "tools"
for each input type - but this would mean that users would be forced
to change some settings several times.

Best regards,
Eugene

Back to the top