Re: [cdt-dev] Rx/Tx tracing patch

I think you're right. I need the xml changes. However, I'm trying to write them in and I'm getting an unknown extension point on org.eclipse.ui.trace.traceComponents. Is this because I'm still using Indigo as my dev environment, or do I need to pull in that in some other way to get the patch to work? I'm working through egit woes, and I understand how to push to the same gerrit branch, so that should clear that part up.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Khouzam" <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 11:05:27 AM
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Rx/Tx tracing patch

I assumed you needed the plugin.xml parts to achieve your goal
of saving the traces to a file.  If that is true, might as
well put everything as a single patch.

If you don't absolutely need the plugin.xml stuff to achieve
your goal then two separate patches is ok (but not necessary).
That means two Gerrit reviews and two bugzillas.

> Also, this is my
> first shot at using Git and Gerrit, and it's not going well,
> so I may have an ugly series of commits.

There should be only one commit for a Gerrit review.  That
commit keeps getting updated with new changes.
To update an existing review, as you need to do, you should
modify your previous commit.  To do that with Egit, you
simply start to commit your new changes, but in the
commit message dialog, click on the "Ammend Previous Commit"
toggle button, which is on the top-right.
This will automatically use the Gerrit changeId that was
used in the previous Gerrit review, which is how Gerrit
knows that this updated commit should go to the same review.

Feel free to ask more questions if you need to.

Marc