Re: [cdt-dev] how to change compiler command

Could you open a bug about that?

Thanks,
Andrew

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > ${COMMAND} comes from toolchain definition, this resolves to "gcc". You
> > > can replace it with your custom command as before.
> >
> > Where do I replace it?
> >
> > Directly in the field you are asking about. Just replace ${COMMAND}
> > with the compiler command you wish to use:
> >
> > > in Preferences -> C/C++ -> Settings -> Discovery
> > tab -> CDT GCC Builtin Compiler Settings, there is a field named "Command
> > to get compiler specs"
>
> Oh, I see. I thought the proper way would have been to edit something else
> so that ${COMMAND} itself resolves to "gcc-4.7" rather than "gcc" - but
> I guess that works.

Hmm... it seems even though I changed the field in Workspace Settings, new
projects are not picking up the change. I have to do "Clear Entries" in the
workspace settings to force new projects to pick up the change. Do you know
why this might be?

Thanks,
Nate