Re: [cdt-dev] M7

On 05/10/2012 08:37 AM, Marc Khouzam wrote:
Sounds like this would be easy to port to DSF, no?
Yeah, I think so. The TCF services are very similar in layout to DSF ones. However, my implementation is very ACPM-heavy. If porting, you could either use the DSF version of ACPM utilities (which have diverged a little), or switch to callback model.
I gather you preferred this approach than using SWTBot
or WindowsBuilder?  Any reason why?
I figured that with lazy-loading views we could never get a UI test to reliably force the view to retrieve data (e.g. should we have a UI bot scroll the view to expose all the elements?). Also, I guess I have a personal bias against test toolkits that drive the UI at widget level.

Cheers,
Pawel

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pawel Piech
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 12:22 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] M7

Hi Marc,
Over in TCF-land, I've been working over last few months of a
framework
for unit-tests of the UI/view model layer of the debugger (see
http://git.eclipse.org/c/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.git/tree/tests/pl
ugins/org.eclipse.tcf.debug.test/src/org/eclipse/tcf/debug/test).

Instead of trying to control and read SWT's lazy-loading trees, I use
the virtual flexible hierarchy viewers to simulate the debug,
variables,
register views.  It's still in early stages, but I'm getting close to
having a meaningful stepping performance test.

Cheers,
Pawel