Re: [cdt-dev] Hiding running threads (new UI)

I'm not sure I like them being referred to as C/C++ threads. In theory, if you're running Photran, they could be Fortran threads too. In fact, threads have little to do with language, they're part of the run-time. Did we want to call them "Native" threads instead? I assume you're trying to differentiate them from Java and other type threads.

Doug.

From: Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 3 May, 2012 1:43 PM
To: "'CDT General developers list.'" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [cdt-dev] Hiding running threads (new UI)

Hi,

as discussed at the CDT conference call, there was a request to add a new feature
to Debug to allow users to hide running threads.  The idea is that when dealing
with large numbers of threads, the user is interested by the suspended ones, not
the running ones.  We agreed in the call that this was a nice feature and that
it was ok to add it before M7.  Of course the feature will be off by default, so there
will be no impact unless explicitely enabled.

For details please see: https://bugs.eclipse.org/375585

I'm notifying the community because we are planning to add a new context-menu
item to the Debug view, as show below.  Please note that this entry gives quick
access to a global preference, and is not context-sensitive.

If you don't think this is a good idea, please voice your concerns, time is short.

Thanks

Marc

Back to the top