Re: [cdt-dev] IP and Gerrit

I was told in platform project that the bugzilla iplog+ flag is no longer necessary as long as the git commit author has the contributor's name and email. Actually if both bugzilla flag is set and the contributor author is set in the repo, we'll get double entries in the IP log.
-Pawel

On 05/02/2012 06:44 AM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
I don't expect there will be many in this category, so if turns out to be
a mess, I'll just clean it up. It's probably less than the usual dozen or
so where iplog isn't set that I have to fix every year anyway. :)

Thanks!

On 12-05-02 9:41 AM, "Marc Khouzam"<marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 9:37 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] IP and Gerrit

I'm not sure what the state of the tooling is, but please
mark the bug as
iplog +1 when pushing a contribution via Gerrit. I think
The way I understand it, iplog+ on the whole bug will
trigger every non-committer that commented on the bug
to be considered to have contributed.
While iplog+ on a patch will only consider the submitter
of the patch.

I will ask the contributor to attach the final patch
to the bug and iplog+ that patch.

But I agree that iplog+ on the whole but is still
better than nothing.

Marc

Wayne mentioned
he was having tooling made that looks at Gerrit, but I'm not
sure that's
ready yet.

Thanks,
Doug.