Re: [cdt-dev] Eclipse CDT projects - clarification please?

In general, the answer to your questions are 'no'. And this is related to
the Eclipse platform, not CDT specifically. The platform does have the
concept of "linked resources" which lets you add arbitrary files and
folder to your project, and "resource exclusions" which allows you to
specify files that you want to hide from Eclipse.

The usability of that is a mess right now, but, in theory, it should be
possible through the platform IResource and friends APIs.

Does anyone have experience with that?
Doug.