Re: [cdt-dev] Why are there 2 places to set up launch modes for codan checkers?

Another question:

Having this second page for setting launching modes at the project
level is not consistent with the Codan preference pages at the
workspace level.

At workspace level there is no such preference page (I'm referring to
the screenshot in my previous e-mail.) Why having it only at project
level?

Thanks,
-Alex

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Alex Ruiz <alruiz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Why there are two places to set up launch modes for codan checkers, at
> the project level? There is one, which is the regular property page
> showing individual checkers ("C/C++ General" > "Code Analysis"), and
> the second one is  "C/C++ General" > "Code Analysis" > "Launching"
> (screenshot attached). Having these two is confusing and potentially
> error-prone (IMHO). It is pretty hard for me to see the point of the
> second one, as a regular user.
>
> Let's say I select "Run as you type (selected checkers)", while being
> on this page, I don't know what are the selected pages (they are not
> shown). Probably it would be better to:
>
> 1. Remove the second project property page, or
> 2. Merge both
>
> I'd prefer #1 BTW
>
> WDYT?
>
> Thanks,