Re: [cdt-dev] Move CDT build to Tycho 0.14.0 ?

Tycho 0.14.1 has been out for a while now. Any objection to upgrading to this version? There are minor changes to make (clean-ups) but I don't expect any issues.

Marc-Andre

On 12/18/2011 11:51 AM, Marc-Andre Laperle wrote:
Ok I'll wait until the 0.14 release before making the changes. Thanks!

On 12/17/2011 11:12 AM, Schaefer, Doug wrote:
0.14 isn't release yet as far as I know. I'd prefer we stay away from SNAPSHOT releases. I had enough problems with that with 0.13.

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Marc-Andre Laperle
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:47 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Move CDT build to Tycho 0.14.0 ?

Hi,

I would like to change the CDT build (both 8_0 and master) to use Tycho
0.14.0 so that we can build the documentation index. In addition, the javadoc and extension documentation is not generated, that would be fixed at the
same time. This would be done by using the new tycho-eclipse-run plugin
recently added to tycho 0.14 that provides a generic way to run an Eclipse
application.

A problem I encountered when using 0.14 is that it can't find the repository
specified in org.eclipse.cdt.core.tests

<repositories>
<repository>
<id>cdt.repo</id>
<url>file:/${basedir}/../../releng/org.eclipse.cdt.repo/target/repository</url
<layout>p2</layout>
</repository>
</repositories>

I think this was trying to make sure that the plugins that were just built are
actually the one that will be tested. Perhaps Doug can confirm this?
From what I tested, this is not necessary anymore. Tycho pickups up the
plugins that were just built when running the tests. So, with the lines
commented out, the build goes smoothly.

Any objections to moving to 0.14.0?

Marc-Andre