[cdt-dev] Not using Gerrit for minor fixes?

Hi,

last year we had an email discussion about committers reviewing
other committers' patches.  We said that it was ok for a committer
to commit changes, and then ask for a voluntary review in bugzilla.

This was because:
1- it is sometimes hard to find another committer to review changes
2- blocking a commit until the review is done, puts pressure on the other
committer who may not have time currently for the review.

How do we handle this with Gerrit?

I currently have a minor commit to remove warnings.  It makes my
life much simpler to commit it right away.  But I still feel I should
ask for a (optional) review.

Should I commit the code from git, and also push it to Gerrit?
Or should I push it to Gerrit and commit it myself from Gerrit,
marking the code as reviewed?

I don't like the first option because it would not be clear in
Gerrit that the code has already been committed.
But I'm not a big fan of the second option because no one will
review the code if I've already marked it as reviewed.

Any opinions?

What I'm going to do now, is stick to bugzilla and not use
Gerrit in this case, which sadly removes access to the nice
code-reviewing features of Gerrit.

Thanks

Marc

Back to the top