Re: [cdt-dev] Fw: Re: Aw: Re: Information regarding debuggin STL in eclipse

Well, let's just say I gave that link the "college" try. Here are the issues with that Wiki page, at least on the Mac.

1: The wiki talks about gdb 7.2 but the download links to gdb 7.4
2: The patches do not have the filenames that the instructions define.
3: One of the patches seems to be missing
4: On OS X it would seem that they have you building all sorts of versions of GDB.

 Since I can't read anybody's mind as to what I _really_ need to do to actually get all of this compiled then it is really a mute point to try any of this. I also seem to recall that in order to use gdb one has to sign gdb with some sort of certificate which most of us do not have.

 I tried downloading Qt Creator 2.4.x (latest stable) but that relies on the system gdb. At the bottom of the wiki page there are links for what seems to be a precompiled gdb but those just seem to be the executables but not any of the supporting libraries or anything else. I would expect a full gdb install to have more than just a single gdb executable. I could be wrong on that.

Anyways, clearly there are still issues for a "mere mortal" to actually get gdb with python and some pretty prints up and running on OS X. So I'll just stick with Visual Studio since it seems to have all of this "Built in".
--
Mike Jackson <www.bluequartz.net>