Re: [cdt-dev] Information regarding debuggin STL in eclipse

Am Dienstag 17 April 2012, 10:27:31 schrieb Michael Jackson:
>   The issue with "Pretty Printers" is that they rely on a version of GDB
> that does NOT work (well at least) with OS X, at least the last time I
> checked. Definitely will NOT work if you are using the Xcode set of tools.
> If you attempt to use MacPorts or something like that to install a whole
> new version of GCC your results may be different. Apple has made it pretty
> clear that LLVM/CLANG/LLDB is their new tool chain of choice. For
> everything I love about CDT, debugging STL objects sucks on OS X 10.6 (and
> most likely still OS X 10.7) which is NO FAULT of CDT. CDT simply works
> with what is available. I actually keep an instance of Parallels with
> Windows 7 and Visual Studio up and running and will use VS if I need to do
> some deep debugging involving STL containers or Qt Objects. QtCreator
> somehow had something that would at least allow GDB to parse Qt objects but
> those things are not available in CDT. Sorry for the bad news.
But QtCreator also relies on GDB and its builtin python interpreter for the
pretty printing. The only difference is that they ship gdb with QtCreator.
To get pretty printers for Qt and STL working with CDT you must install a
recent gdb with python support. You can only get it from MacPorts or so.
Google is your friend to get some instructions.

  Axel

Back to the top