Re: [cdt-dev] Information regarding debuggin STL in eclipse

  The issue with "Pretty Printers" is that they rely on a version of GDB that does NOT work (well at least) with OS X, at least the last time I checked. Definitely will NOT work if you are using the Xcode set of tools. If you attempt to use MacPorts or something like that to install a whole new version of GCC your results may be different. Apple has made it pretty clear that LLVM/CLANG/LLDB is their new tool chain of choice. For everything I love about CDT, debugging STL objects sucks on OS X 10.6 (and most likely still OS X 10.7) which is NO FAULT of CDT. CDT simply works with what is available. I actually keep an instance of Parallels with Windows 7 and Visual Studio up and running and will use VS if I need to do some deep debugging involving STL containers or Qt Objects. QtCreator somehow had something that would at least allow GDB to parse Qt objects but those things are not available in CDT.
 Sorry for the bad news.
--
Mike Jackson <www.bluequartz.net>