Re: [cdt-dev] CDT-Based editor

We're always looking to make it easier to extend the CDT for other languages (e.g. Objective-C :)). If you have guys come up with any extension points or interfaces you need, feel free to raise them.

Doug

From: Eugene Ostroukhov <eostroukhov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 11:41:00 -0700
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] CDT-Based editor

1. Yes, our editor is based on CDT. We were able to bring most CDT features without any modifications to CDT itself, but eventually we chose to fork it so we can overcome some restrictions. We will offer our changes upstream once we release our product, you may find them useful.
2. Our editor is not released under open-source license. All the CDT changes we made are open-sourced here - https://github.com/eugeneo/cdt/tree/custom802
3. Nope. I doubt it would be feasible to make one.
4. Yes, we have custom ILanguge with a custom parser. We also wanted to change the scanner but it seems to be rigid, we had to introduce a few walkarounds in the parser.
5. Define content type -> define ILanguage -> Tweak parser -> create custom AST. Once you have it most CDT features will just work.

Best regards,
Eugene