[cdt-dev] Problem with tycho 0.14 and cross/org.eclipse.launch.remote

I am working on building CDT under Fedora using tycho 0.14 (the minimum version of tycho that Fedora supplies - new for F17).

I ran into an issue with cross/org.eclipse.launch.remote plugin and feature. They both have the same artifactId/groupId which tycho 0.14 prohibits. As well, tycho 0.14 forces the artifactId to match the feature id so simply changing the artifactId for the feature pom.xml does not solve the problem.

In LinuxTools we fixed this for features that had this issue by renaming the feature and artifactId append ".feature". Unfortunately, we did this between SR1 and SR2 and renaming features isn't a great thing to do with regards to updating. To preserve the update path, we had to add info in the p2.inf file of the renamed features so that it would update for the old feature group ids.

I don't know if this would be considered an issue for CDT Juno (i.e. you might not expect users to ever try and update the launch remote feature on its own).

Unless someone has a better solution, now might be a good time to do a rename before an official Juno release is out and you decide to use tycho 0.14 for SR1 or SR2.

Thoughts?

-- Jeff J.

Back to the top