From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pawel Piech
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 2:30 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] anyone care about keybinding warnings?

Hi All,
I recently added a feature to use key modifiers when double-clicking on editor gutter to edit properties or enable/disable breakpoints (see Bug 360588).  As part of the feature I the accelerator text to the popup menu e.g. "Toggle Breakpoint Enable   Shift+Double Click".  Unfortunately the accelerator text trips up a legacy accelerator logic which tries to parse the label of the menu item.  This logic logs a warning if -debug option is specified when launching the IDE (see Bug 374153 for details.)

IMO, the benefit of seeing this accelerator in menu is worth the tradeoff of the warning.  Platform has a stricter standard so they will not accept this tradeoff, but I can still make it work for CDT only unless the community objects.

Opinions (I'll take silence as sign of approval)?
-Pawel

Back to the top