[cdt-dev] The behaviour of the "automatically open build console" preference

Hi,

There is a nice preference in CDT "C/C++ => Build => Console => Bring console to top when building (if present)". It is especially useful when you are working in full screen mode and want to quickly check whether your code compiles without leaving it. However there are a few enhancements I would like to make.

First of all I would like to make the view activation only once before the build start (but not the every time output changes). It should make the behaviour of this preference less annoying and would not block the user's work with the other views during the build.

The second enhancement is to make this preference available on the Build Console toolbar to make it easy to access it.

It seems it shouldn't be too hard to implement the suggestions above, so I think I could provide a patch. So what do you think about these changes?

Thanks,
Anton.

Back to the top