Re: [cdt-dev] How to tell when managed build makefiles have been created

The Makefiles are created a build time I believe. The indexer doesn't use them. Scanner discovery parses build output and sends information to the indexer.

From: Phil Mason <phil.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:52:38 +0000
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [cdt-dev] How to tell when managed build makefiles have been created

Hello all,

I’m writing a test that creates a managed build project from a zip and then compares the makefiles with benchmark files (like the test30SingleFileExe in ManagedProject30MakefileTests). Most of the time the project is created and the compares with the benchmarks OK but sometimes the test moves on to the comparison part before the makefiles have been created causing it to fail.

Are the makefiles created as part of the indexing? I’ve tried to use both an IIndexChangedListener and an IIndexerStateListener to wait until the indexing has finished but the test still fails sometimes. In the case of the StateListener I’m starting it before the project is created and waiting until the indexer goes busy and then idle, is that enough to guarantee that the indexer has finished or can it become idle multiple times before completing the indexing?  I’ve also tried using joinIndexer with the same intent but again it sometimes continues to the comparison before the files have been created.

Can anybody help me work out how can I wait until I know that the makefiles have been created?

Thanks in advance

Phil