Re: [cdt-dev] co-locating CDT's build toolbar actions with the platform's

[take two; more awake this time]

A usability annoyance in CDT-based products is that the platform's build-all-projects action and CDT's build actions are located far apart in the workbench toolbar ("coolbar", to be precise). Additionally, the platform's icon (file with binary sequence) is very different from CDT's (hammer). The latter is easy to fix; we're just going to replace the icon file in our platform sources. The former is simply a matter of tweaking the CDT actionSet extension to reference the platform's File toolbar.

I figured I'd check to see if the CDT community would like this change. The only possible concern I see is that CDT adopters who've been adding to the CDT toolbar would end up having to adjust their action definitions as well, lest they appear on their own.

John

Back to the top