Re: [cdt-dev] Running DSF-gdb tests against different gdb versions

If you run the suite:
org.eclipse.cdt.tests.dsf.gdb/src/org/eclipse/cdt/tests/dsf/gdb/tests/AllTests.java

it will use the name 'gdb'.

Can't you make a softlink from gdb.7.4 to your gdb?
Then run the 7_4 suite.  It would be safer, since we override certain tests
for certain GDB versions.