Re: [cdt-dev] The defaults of "Index unused headers" and "Index source and header files opened in editor" preferences

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's strange. I thought that "Index source and header files opened in
> editor" should be faster then "Index unused headers" cause the amount of
> unused headers may be significantly more than amount of opened files.

My understanding (from observing the behaviour, I don't know the code) is
that "Index unused headers" will index all the unused headers once, when
the project is created. This takes a long times, yes. But "Index source
and header files opened in editor" reindexes a file every time it's opened
in the editor, so it's a constant performance drain.

This is incorrect. Each file is indexed only once in both cases.

Regards,
Nate

-sergey