From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of xgsa
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 10:08 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] The defaults of "Index unused headers" and "Index source and header files opened in editor" preferences

Hi,

Can somebody explain why the "C/C++ --> Indexer --> Index unused
headers" preference is off by default? It causes inconvenience when I am
adding a new header file (which isn't included anywhere) and trying to
use "Source --> Add include" feature. Moreover, the context assistant
doesn't work properly in this case too. It isn't a very often problem,
however it is unclear for end-user why sometimes a newly added classes
and functions are not visible. The "C/C++ --> Indexer --> Index source
and header files opened in editor" preference helps to resolve the
described inconvenience too. Why is it turned by default too?

Thanks,
Anton