Re: [cdt-dev] The defaults of "Index unused headers" and "Index source and header files opened in editor" preferences

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM, kesselhaus <kesselhaus@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

In this context I just wanted to ask, if it wouldn't be possible to allow indexing an header twice.
We use OSEK here, and there is a header file, which has a "multi stage" inclusion scheme.
Current indexing causes most of the header not indexed, and most of the defines can not be found.

------------------ gen_config.h ------------------------------
#if  PreIncludeStage

/* ... stuff to include in the first stage ... */

#endif

#if PostIncludeStage

/* ... stuff to include in the second stage .... */

#endif

------------------ global.h ------------------------------

#define  PreIncludeStage    1
#define  PostIncludeStage    0

#include "gen_config.h"

#undef  PreIncludeStage
#undef  PostIncludeStage

/* ... */

#define  PreIncludeStage    0
#define  PostIncludeStage    1

#include "gen_config.h"

#undef  PreIncludeStage
#undef  PostIncludeStage

Your example should work in CDT 8.1. Please file a bug if it doesn't.

-sergey