[cdt-dev] Outline has "pending" for a long time

Hi,

We have a lot of header files that have only one line in them #include "a/b/File.h". I am using Eclipse CDT 7.0.2.

For some reason when one of the above files is opened (for the first time) it could take about 30 seconds till outline with one line is shown. I was wandering what does it do during this time? I would guess that parsing file with one include line should not take that long. The second time is much faster because of the cache.

BTW: Eclipse workspace and project reside on local file system. If opened "h" file resides on local file system or NFS, will it affect the time till "outline" has finished showing its elements? I am asking because above header files reside on NFS. From my testing I did not see any performance differences.

Thanks,
Yevgeny

This e-mail message is intended for the recipient only and contains information which is CONFIDENTIAL and which may be proprietary to ECI Telecom. If you have received this transmission in error, please inform us by e-mail, phone or fax, and then delete the original and all copies thereof.

Back to the top