[cdt-dev] How to expose the MBS toolchain settings from the project properties dialog

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to expose the settings and editors
reachable normally by way of Project Prefererences >> C/C++ Build >>
Settings >> Tool Settings tab?  I mean all the elements that contribute
to the part of the .cproject file under XML node <storageModule
moduleId="cdtBuildSystem" version="4.0.0">.  What I'd like to do is -
use the same tab in a plugin preferences dialog, allowing user to save
different groups of settings under a user-selected name. Then I would
make those pre-saved settings selectable in a custom page through the
New Project Wizard.  So I could prepare different toolchain settings for
different target boards with their specific -mcpu and other settings
like preprocessor definitions, include paths, libraries, etc (or let
other users do for theirs) and then these settings would be selectable
as a single step during creation of the new project, instead of re-doing
every single setting with every new project.

So I cloned cdt_8_0 from git and looked into what is available in
plug-in org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.  I found the implementing
classes in
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.{preferences,properties,wizards}
packages, and while they are declared public and not final, still they
are annotated with @noextend and @noinstantiate.  I also read up the
docs on the 2 exported extension points and found nothing to help me
solve the access to the toolchain settings/editors to include in my
preferences page or dialog.   Am I looking in the wrong place?  Or would
I have to really duplicate all the work that made the settings available
for the project properties also visible through the command Windows >>
Preferences?

Thanks for your help, I would really appreciate a nudge in the right
direction.

Todor

Back to the top