Re: [cdt-dev] building CDT against a newer platform

I had the same error when trying to build with 3.7.2 once (not all the time). I added the dependency to cdt.ui as a work around and it worked. I wonder if it's a Tycho issue?

On 21/02/2012 3:13 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Marc Khouzam<marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:59 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] building CDT against a newer platform

Hey Pawel,

That's a little tricky. It likely means that all of us would need to
start using platform I builds to avoid compile errors in our
environments as well. I'm not sure how popular that would be.
Maybe Pawel can commit the CDT change once platform M6 is available
but before we build CDT M6?  Or is there no such window?
We can definitely make such a window.

As for releng, I just need to switch the build to use the 3.8-I-builds
directory. I'll do that now as part of the restructuring I'm doing.
Shouldn't hurt either way.
Hmm, getting the same build error with the I builds that I got with
the 4.2. "The import com.ibm.icu.text.UCharacterIterator cannot be
resolved"

Need to dig into that more. Meanwhile, putting it back to the 3.8 milestones.