Re: [cdt-dev] Exclude from Build - managing different configurations

The configuration reflected by UI is not the active build configuration, it is configuration.that is being indexed. There is a preference that controls that, Window->Preferences->C/C++->Indexer->"Build configuration for the indexer"->"Use active build configuration". But that comes with a price, every time you change active configuration the whole project will be reindexed from scratch.
 It is true that it is very confusing,  please see bug 313944 Project Explorer or editor don't reflect active configuration change.

Thanks,
Andrew