[cdt-dev] Non-workspace files support still requires a workspace project

We have an RCP application that wants to use CDT source editor as a viewer for files stored anywhere in the file system. I've noticed that CDT requires at least one workspace project to enable some features on non-workspace files (i.e.  https://bugs.eclipse.org/371144, semantic highlighting, even editor icon is different depending on whether or not there's a workspace project).

In our RCP application I am going to create an empty project. I wonder if this should be done on CDT level.

Apparently, there's support for hidden projects (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/489624/). CDT could create a new hidden project and use it instead of random "first project" in org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.util.EditorUtility:388. This way markers and such will work even when there's no projects in workspace and markers will not be deleted when user deletes unrelated user project.

Should I open a bug and work on a patch?

Best regards,
Eugene

Back to the top