Re: [cdt-dev] Failures in Hudson build

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Lai, Winnie <wlai@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Doug,
>
> I am glad that you officially says 'We need to make sure CDT 9 works with both 3.8 and 4.2.'
>
> So, my next request is, will you post two different EPP CPP packages on the eclipse download site (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/index-developer.php), so that one is CDT9 + 3.8 milestones, and the other is CDT9 + 4.2 milestones?

No, the EPP packages will be 4.2 as decided by the Eclipse Planning
Council. That may change, but I doubt that at this point. But people
should be able to take the Eclipse 3.8 platform and install CDT into
it.

> Also, what should we expect about the final release of EPP CPP this summer and its SR1 this fall? Are we going to stick with the earlier plan last year that CDT is based on 4.2 only? Or, will there be a plan that one will be based on 3.8 and the other be based on 4.2?

It probably isn't wise to switch platforms during a service release.

> I have been testing EPP CPP since Juno m2, and found some problems on m3, and even more problems on m4. All those problems are serious that affects core functionality. Since our plugins are all based on DSF, I think DSF-based debuggers will see the same problems as we do.
> I am not against 4.2. I just want to hear you plan so we can adjust our expectation and work effort.

I do hope you are raising bugs for these. There still is a chance to
get the resolved but the platform team does need to know about them.

> Thanks,
> Winnie

Doug.

Back to the top