[cdt-dev] debug context and C/C++ perspective

Hi.

For our architecture all launches currently use DSF. Normal runs just don't set any breakpoints, but the rest of it is practically same.

Now I have some data I can get while program is running (this data can not be read by debugger), which I want to refresh when debugger stops or program terminates.

While user is debugging I'm listening for debug context (DebugUITools.addPartDebugContextListener), which works pretty fine, although I still have to play a little to just process each debugger stop single time.

Main problem currently is this: if I start eclipse and run a program (in non-debug mode) from C/C++ perspective, I get no debugContextChanged events. If I switch to debug perspective, running a program or debugging it starts dispatching debug context events. Even if I start eclipse, switch to debug perspective, then immediately switch back to C/C++, these events dispatch.

Is this some bug in debug context manager, or does it behave this way by design? Or am I just missing something?

(I have an idea for a workaround (listening for sessions being started and use this if there is no context), but I'd like to be sure this is the only way.

Regards.
Branko

Back to the top