Re: [cdt-dev] memory monitor on pointer variable

Hi,

>>Currently, when you add a memory monitor as an _expression_, in the memory view,
>>DSF stores the value of that _expression_ and the label (the _expression_ itself).  That memory

>> address is fixed and is not updated.

Because of this problem is, even if the variable is renamed and again relaunched what it does is, it tries to create memory monitor with same _expression_ and address (which was saved earlier by DSF), even if the variable does not exist.

>>I think there is room for improvement there, at least for the user-friendliness part.

Will it be a good idea to have a toolbar action or pop up menu say "Refresh Memory Block" which will re-evaluate the _expression_ and if there is any change in the address then we can update the user interface.
If so I can try to contribute a patch for it.

Thanks
Harish Dewan
Tensilica India