Re: [cdt-dev] extra read after write

On 01/23/2012 01:17 PM, Harish Dewan wrote:
Hi All,
In MemoryView when we try to edit the value in memory view, it first tries to write memory and then upon success it reads from memory(class : MIMemory and function: setMemory ) and displays updated values in the user interface.

Why is an extra read after write required ?

Data is already written into memory, so we can create the memory block and update the memory cache. Will it cause any problems if this approach is followed.

we are planning to conditionalize extra read after write based on the preference, will it be useful for CDT ?

When you consider memory-mapped devices, you cannot assume that you will always get the same value back. A simple example is if you write to a read-only memory-mapped register.

There are all sorts of weird hardware out there with strange memory semantics...

--

Jesper Eskilson Development Engineer
IAR Systems AB

Back to the top