[cdt-dev] extra read after write

Hi All,
In MemoryView when we try to edit the value in memory view, it first tries to write memory and then upon success it readsĀ from memory(class : MIMemory and function: setMemory ) and displays updated values in the user interface.

Why is an extra read after write required ?

Data is already written into memory, so we can create the memory block and update the memory cache. Will it cause any problems if this approach is followed.

we are planning to conditionalize extra read after write based on the preference, will it be useful for CDT ?

Thanks
Harish Dewan
Tensilica India

Back to the top