Re: [cdt-dev] Memory consumed by indexer in big projects

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Actually to be clear, those are AST objects, not indexer. In the past, we've made sure they don't stay around long (thus the index :)). It would be interesting to see what's keeping them from being gc'ed after the parse is completed.
The parse cannot be completed due to OOM, that is the problem.

Do they see the same behavior off of master (i.e., it's not your changes causing this is it?)
It is problematic to set up that level of detail for settings on master, the current mechanism does not scale with big or many projects. There are bugs in bugzilla about that.

I did not experience memory leaks related to indexer working with master, and I did not experience such memory leak working with real and pretty big projects on sd90. But I do not work with projects requiring that level of details for  settings. I experienced that indexer demands enough memory or you get Out Of Memory. For my big projects (~40000 files) enough memory is ~1Mb.

Thanks,
Andrew