From: fh_p@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:00:07 +0100
Subject: [cdt-dev] Eclipse CDT : debugging with OpenMP and switching between threads

Hello,

With a CDT C/C++ local application configuration I try to debug an OpenMP program : switching between threads is impossible.

I use Ubuntu 11.10 with gdb 7.3, my version of Eclipse is : Eclipse IDE for Parallel Application Developers, Version: Indigo Service Release 1, Build id: 20110916-0149.
My eclipse installation uses :  org.eclipse.cdt_8.0.0.201109151620.jar

OpenMP program is compiled using makefile project (with debug flag : g++ -g -openmp) :
  1. Run is OK both in Eclipse and outside of Eclipse (xterm)
  2. Debugging only the main thread is possible in Eclipse
  3. Switching between threads is impossible both in Eclipse and outside of Eclipse (xterm)

I would like to be able to switch between threads when debugging : I can't. Could you tell me if this problem may be fixed by turning on / off a setting in Eclipse ? By modifying compilation options in the Makefile ? By modifying / upgrading the Eclipse installation (and, in this case, how to do it) ? Or, could you tell me if this problem is only related to gdb : in this case, do you know which version of gdb enables to switch between threads when debugging ? Am I supposed to use another debugger than gdb : if yes, which one ?

Regards,

FH