[cdt-dev] Indexer with Building Workspace tasks issue...

I have been looking at the recent emails and I can't see anything about this problem that I am seeing lately. I have tried several different version of the SDK and CDT and all of the latest ones are experiencing the same issue. Basically, indexer is getting slower and slower and CPU utilization is going off the roof (seeing 190s for percentage). With that state it is impossible to do any work.

What is looks like it is happening is that there is another task that is span somehow and number of those is getting bigger and bigger. It is trying to build workspace and it first says it is "Sleeping" and than it is "Finished". But number of those tasks is increasing and I don't know what to do with them! They are taking more and more time and everything comes to a halt. My project has about 40k files and if I leave it for a long time sometimes it actually finishes, but every following attempt to re-index gets stuck the same way.

As I said, I have tried several different versions for both SDK and CDT starting with latest stuff for both that is out there (SDK 4.0, 4.1, 4.11, 4.2x and latest version of CDT from the Software Repository). This is the latest one that I am running right now that is a bit older:
- CDT:
   Eclipse CDT P2 Customizations for SDK installation
   Version: 1.0.0.201106081058
   Build id: 201106081058
- SDK:
   Version: 3.8.0
   Build id: I20110803-1800

Is this a known problem or it is something specific for my environment?

Thanks a lot!

Fedja

Back to the top