Re: [cdt-dev] virtual build configuration elements

Yeah, unfortunately there hasn't been much progress on this. And I'm not sure at this moment what my immediately plans are. But I have thought of two things: One as you mention, to show build configurations in the project tree and allow operations on them. That shouldn't be too difficult for someone to put together.

The other that's probably a higher priority for me is to represent target platforms in the New Project wizard. I'd like to be able to select the operating system, for example, that I want the default configurations to target. This would then filter down the toolchains. I'd also like to move the templates out of that first page into a page like the Java and PDE template selection pages. My hope is to make it simpler to select from multiple cross development toolchains by bringing the Target concept to the foreground.

But don't count on me at this point and if you have some great ideas and resources to work on them, feel free to drive the changes you'd like to see.

Doug.