Re: [cdt-dev] infinite recursion in formatted

I'll be happy to investigate if you can create a self-contained reproducible example.

-sergey

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried to search bugzilla but can't find anything, before I try to
dig into it maybe it rings a bell for someone:

Basically you try to format C++ code and it CDT hangs. Looks like
formatter goes into infinite recursion/loop
in ast visitor
org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.dom.parser.cpp.CPPASTBinaryExpression.accept(org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.ASTVisitor)
line: 142
org.eclipse.cdt.internal.formatter.CodeFormatterVisitor.visit(org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.IASTBinaryExpression)
line: 2613
org.eclipse.cdt.internal.formatter.CodeFormatterVisitor.visit(org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.IASTExpression)
line: 889
org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.dom.parser.cpp.CPPASTBinaryExpression.acceptWithoutRecursion(org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.IASTBinaryExpression,
org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.ASTVisitor) line: 188
org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.dom.parser.cpp.CPPASTBinaryExpression.accept(org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.ASTVisitor)
line: 142

Especially strange because name acceptWithoutRecursion kinda assume
you won't get into recursion...
This is CDT 8.0.2