Re: [cdt-dev] Adding keybindings to dynamic menu items

I think I’ve worked it out. I can use parameters to pass the different radices through to the handler. Then simply create a key bindings (in org.eclipse.ui.bindings) for the radices I need to have keyboard shortcuts with the correct parameter in each case.

Phil

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Phil (Philip) Mason
Sent: 28 November 2011 13:16
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Adding keybindings to dynamic menu items

Hello all,

I’ve been trying to add keyboard shortcuts to the number format entries in the menu of the variable view and I’m struggling. The menu is a dynamic collection of Actions and I’m beginning to wonder if the problem is that the menu entries are not created until they are displayed so the any key bindings don’t exist until then either.

Does anybody know how to add a key binding to a dynamic menu item created at run time?

Many thanks

Phil

--

Phil Mason