Re: [cdt-dev] where to store additional project properties

Of course, #1 being a ProjectScope preference. Don’t write there by hand.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eugene Ostroukhov
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:25 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] where to store additional project properties

There is no strict guidelines so this is my IMHO:
1. What does your setting influence? Is it simply an editor setting (e.g. different validation rules for different CPUs)? Then it is common to keep such settings in ${project root}/.settings/${plugin.id}.(xml|properties|prefs)
2. Do you only support CDT managed build projects? Are your settings tied to the build configuration (i.e. the user may have different build configuration for different target CPUs)? Then you would benefit from leveraging CDT configuration storage.